This was an interesting assignment. I always enjoy working in groups. It allows me to get to know other students in a more meaningful way. In addition, it makes the assignment more important because the grades of others are riding, in part, on my work.
I've been struggling with taking two classes this summer term, while teaching 4 face to face classes at my university. It's been difficult to keep things straight. This week I realized that everybody else is in the same boat, trying to maintain a normal life while keeping up with the course work.
I suppose that I've known that all along but it became clear this week. I must make an effort in the future to enable students to balance their studies with their lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Paul - I think you've identified one of the important lessons for us, that students are as stressed by time as teachers are.
ReplyDeleteFran