Thursday, August 6, 2009

Final Reflections

The first thing I'd like to say is Thank You to all in the course. This is course #4 for me in the Certificate program and I've learned so much. These courses have opened my eyes to the future of education.

As you may know, I've been placed on "early retirement" from my current teaching job. Being a bit too young to retire, I'm taking a temporary position at the University of Bridgeport filling in for a prof who is taking a year-long sabbatical leave. I plan to apply many of the approaches that I have learned in the courses that I will be teaching.

After returning from Bridgeport I plan to create a series of online courses for my profession. I suspect that my days of standing in front of a class and "telling" them what they need to learn are over. What a refreshing thought. I can make the transition from 'sage on the stage' to someone who is guiding their learning.

All the best.

Hoop in LA

No comments:

Post a Comment