Wow! Another week and we reach the end of the class. It went way too fast! I'm eagerly reading the final projects that others have created and am feeling woefully inadequate. I learn so much by observing what others are able to do. I submitted the first draft of my final project as a Word document and then saw all of the blogs and web pages that others had created. So, back to the drawing board and I'm working on an edublog page for draft number two. I'll post my final draft for feedback and go from there.
I've been playing with new software this past week; Adobe e-Learning Suite to be exact. I've worked my way through the Captivate program and, although I like it, I'm not sure I couldn't do most of what it does with Powerpoint.
On a positive note, I actually got a job offer this week. It's only temporary, filling in for a prof who is going on sabbatical for a year. The position is in Bridgeport, Connecticut, a world away from Los Angeles. But, it will give me an opportunity to try some new things with my classes. I'll also continue to work on my online courses. Actually, one of the primary reasons that I considered accepting this position is the University has a fairly advanced distance learning program. I'll be able to see how the infrastructure works first hand. That excites me.
Thanks to everybody in the class. I've learned a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hoop - terrific news about the job. Sounds like you'll be learning a lot, so the move, even if temporary, will be worthwhile.
ReplyDeleteFran @ CT (email me)